Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chillin'...make that sizzlin' on the 4th

I love parades! Just attended the Munster 4th of July parade on Monday. It was the fourth one in two months. First was our hometown parade - called the Good Neighbor Day Parade in early May. Then a Memorial Day Parade in a nearby town. Then we went to a Flag Day parade up in Michigan. What do I love about them? 
THE FLAGS


THE MARCHING BANDS 

THE FIRE TRUCKS

THE FLOATS AND ANTIQUE VEHICLES



THE VETERANS


The vet pictured above made me tear up. He's a Pearl Harbor survivor. This year marks 70 years since the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Then there's always a few funny and wacky things you see at parades. Like this:


But, let me tell ya, this year it was a hot one! There were no shady spots to sit and watch. I forgot my sunblock. I forgot the chairs, which meant I was sitting on hot pavement. However, I'm just glad I wasn't one of these people. I suspect they were a bit hotter than me.





No comments: