Friday, May 11, 2012

Ditto


Last night I had the privilege of being part of an awesome show called Listen To Your Mother. The show, which features local writers/bloggers/moms reading about their mothering journeys, is in it's 3rd year and hit 10 cities this year! I was lucky enough to be one of the readers. It was my first time up on a stage like that - ever. I've spoken in front of groups before, but not this big. The show was sold out and I smiled big when I found out that the VERY last ticket was purchased by my big brother!

Much to my surpise, my jokester brother, who started out the night saying, "OMG, it's like a chic flick, but LIVE!" really enjoyed it and said he'd like to take my sister-in-law with him to see it next year. After the show, we kind of made a receiving line in the lobby and many from the audience stopped to say a few words to us on their way out. I was also surprised that so many men in the audience stopped to compliment me on my piece and say that they appreciated hearing it. That was nice.

I'll have to get around to posting more on the show later, but for now let me just say that my mom - who rarely makes it out anymore - was there for the show. That is a major miracle! She said that being there was the best Mother's Day gift she could ask for. Ditto. Her being there was the ultimate gift for me.

And would you just look at all these hot mamas! :)




Update!!!! Here's the video of my reading at Northwest Indiana's Listen To Your Mother 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvgeZw4o0HI&feature=BFa&list=UURBcgEjka1hLBgCeglpEgrw

3 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh I love it! Your brother's comment, your Mom's words. Oh my. Thank you, Carrie. Thank you so much.

Steph

Carrie said...

Thanks for letting me be part of it, Steph! :) What a blessing!

liveyourlovoutloud said...

A live chick flick....LOVE IT. It was so great to have you there and to hear your words Carrie.