Sunday, May 29, 2011

Overflowing with artwork


As a first time mom, you want to hang on to every scrap of paper that documents the childhood of your baby. Actually, I still want to do that - even being a mom of 5. I love to be able to look back and something they created years ago, when their hands were much smaller. I do have stacks of artwork and school memorabilia that I've saved. However, with five children you have to cut back at some point to keep from drowning in a sea of paperwork. I have read articles and blogs by moms with similar difficulties. One suggested framing it all (not enough wall space), one suggested scanning them and saving them all on your computer (the scanner isn't functioning) and someone suggested taking pictures of the artwork. That seemed do-able. This way, I still have a permanent reminder of the things my little guys have made, but the sea of paperwork is reduced down to a lake, perhaps a small pond. I still can't resist keeping some of the sweetest mementos...and these pictured below may have to stay in the permanent collection. Who would have thought having artistic children would cause such a dilemma!

No comments: