Sunday, May 29, 2011

I've got a headache

These allergies have been kicking my butt. I'm so tired of it. I have no energy and am tired ALL the time. My ear hurts, my throat hurts, my eyes are itchy, my nasal passages are congested, my head hurts. That's how I felt when I woke up today. I bummed around the house a little, took some Tylenol and went back to bed hoping I'd feel a little better.

I woke up at 1:18 p.m. "Oh, crap!!!" I thought. My 9-year-old was supposed to be at a birthday party at 1:30. And it takes 15 minutes to drive there. We grabbed the gift and ran out the door. It was at Funflatables. Perfect place to be on a day like today when the rain was pouring down.

My son ran and jumped non-stop until he was dripping with sweat. On the way home, he closed his eyes and said he wanted to try to take a nap. He had a headache, he told me. Places like Funflatables can understandably cause headaches in parents, but not often kids. We got home and he bundled up on the sofa and went to sleep. I hope it's just an allergy headache and we don't have some germy virus making its way through our house during the last two weeks of school. Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

No comments: