Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So much to do, so little time

So here I am typing about how little time I have, yet I'm spending time doing this...when I really don't have time to. Sometimes I just have to write it out, though - or type it out - when things start to feel overwhelming. It just seems like everything has fallen behind due to a variety of things. I'm under water desperately trying to catch a breath and I'm not. It's nearing 1 a.m. I know I need to get to sleep. I've been up way too late lately and it does me no good. I try to steal a few extra hours late at night, but I pay for it the next day when I'm dragging until noon and feeling like such a slouch.

I am looking forward to the four days off school when I may get a chance to sleep in a bit on one of those days. But then I won't accomplish as much because the kids will be home all day. There's always a trade off. My e-mails are out of control again. Papers are stacking up. Luckily I have gotten the hang of delegating and the kids are keeping up on dishes and laundry. Today was a pretty good day. I did accomplish most of what I wanted to. If I could keep up that pace, I'd be back on track.

For now, I'm going to let it keep stacking up and enjoy the weekend with my family -- which I'm extremely thankful for. Sometimes when I'm feeling glum over such stupid things, like fretting over a pile of laundry or feeling depressed over the cold and rainy weather, I have to kick myself and make an effort to remember how blessed I am. I may not have all the time I'd like, but I have everything I need. I'm a lucky girl.

No comments: