Friday, March 23, 2012

There's no time like sister time

So, last week us gals had our much anticipated sister's weekend. We try to do it once a year and started the tradition about four years ago. One year it was a B & B/spa weekend, another it was dinner and a sleepover at my sister's place and another year it was two nights at another sister's place for the St. Charles (IL) Sisters Weekend arranged by the area's chamber or tourism council. This year we headed down near my sis Jen's place in central Illinois. She and I planned on going to the Hearts at Home conference  on the ISU campus and the other two sisters came down to hang out at the hotel and have some fun. We were there two nights and it's always so much fun to be around them.

So, I'll break up our weekend into a couple posts. Our first day, I was the last to arrive in the late afternoon. My three sisters were hanging out in the lobby and we chatted and tried to decide what to do for dinner. We finally decided on Famous Dave's BBQ. Good choice. Doesn't that look delish?


We're a fun bunch. And we love to eat...in fact Becky, the blond one below, and I write a food blog. Have you seen it? If not, check it out at www.chicagofoodiesisters.blogspot.com. Jen is on the left. Okay, I know it's hard to believe, but those two are twins. They really are!


And this is my big sis, Pam. The best big sis anyone could ever ask for. Love them all so much and am thankful for our fun weekend together!

Back at the hotel, we talked and giggled. We all sat on the beds with electronic devices...phones and iPads. And we ate some more. :) Jen brought these awesome cookies made by a friend of hers.

No comments: