Monday, March 19, 2012

A day at the beach

So, today I had to go out to Porter, Indiana to take some pictures to accompany and article I'm writing. Since it was 80 degrees and I was right down the street from the Indiana Dunes, I couldn't help but stop. I don't think I've been to that state park since I was a kid. I think I was about 11 and went with some family friends. I fell asleep on a blanket on the beach and went home with the worst sunburn I'd ever had. And still groggy when we returned home, I fell and then scraped up my sunburned skin. Ouch!

My middle boy stayed home from school today. He had a bad cough and a sore throat. He's prone to strep. I hope that's not what's wrong. Figured it was best to keep him home from school. When it was time for me to leave, I asked if he wanted to go along. He'd been lying on the sofa all morning and I thought it would be good for him to get out for a little fresh air. With a little urging, he came along and said he'd just hang out in the car since he didn't feel good.

Once we got there, he didn't want to get out of the car, but he finally did. And then he ran and tried to hide so I wouldn't take his picture.






A little sand in the shoes. :)



Guess he had a little fun, after all.


Love the old Beach House from 1929.




No comments: