Tuesday, January 24, 2012
I hope it doesn't come in threes
It's said that good news comes in threes. That births come in threes. That deaths come in threes. How about household disasters? I'm at two so far this year and I don't think I can take another. First, my new cell phone, which I'd had less than two weeks, got dropped in a milkshake. Then my second mishap was setting my oven on fire while cooking steaks. I guess I shouldn't have placed the pan so close to the heat source at the top. And I guess I shouldn't have cooked a small steak on the same huge grease-filled cookie sheet that I'd just cooked three large steaks in. And I guess I should have known to NOT open the oven door when there was a fire in there. It fans the flames a little. :) You'd think a firefighter's wife would know better. Luckily hubby was home and I keep a fire extinguisher on top of the stove. And luckily the stove still works following a good cleaning. The steak wasn't so lucky. It was a goner. So, hopefully disasters like this don't come in threes. I've had enough catastrophe for one month.