Thursday, January 12, 2012

The first snowfall of the year

Today we're getting not only our first snowfall of the year - 12 days into January, but it's also the first snow of the season. We had one little dusting that fell in the morning and melted in the afternoon recently, so it's the first accumulation. I dropped off the kids at school this morning and when I got home it started to fall. And it's been falling ALL day. Now the wind is picking up. I'm so glad I haven't had to venture out in it. I know once the kids get home they'll have a ball playing in it. I really should go take a couple pictures of it while it is still flat and untouched. That's when it's the prettiest. But then again, it's always pretty as it falls...especially when you're watching it out a window and not in it!

No comments: