Monday, August 6, 2012

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award




A comment was left for me on my blog this week, telling me I was nominated for the Liebster Award! How nice! The Award is bestowed on bloggers by other bloggers. It is for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers and when you're nominated, you do the same for others...setting off a chain reaction of introducing less visible blogs to others who read blogs. I was nominated by http://jessanicole421.blogspot.com/. Thanks, Jessika!






"Liebster" is German and means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved. 


Here is how the Liebster Award works: 


1. Each nominee must post 11 things about themselves.


2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you've tagged.


3. Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them in your post.


4. Go to their page and tell them. 


5. No tag backs. 




Eleven Things About Me
1.  I am a mom of five boys.
2.  I also write a food blog (with my sister, Becky) called Chicago Foodie Sisters.
3.  I love to travel and also do a lot of travel writing.
4.  I have a dog.
5.  I am an author of four books.
6.  I am one of six kids.
7.  I work as a newborn baby photographer in a hospital.
8.  I make yummy soups!
9.  I'm not big on chic flicks - I like comedies. Anything with Rowan Atkinson, Dana Carvey, Kevin James, Adam Sandler.
10. I saw Paul McCartney live last year - best concert ever.
11. I am a gleek.




And the for the 11 questions from Jessika...




1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? England


2. What is your go-to, when all else fails comfort food? anything chocolate


3.  What do you do to pay the bills? Freelance writer, photographer and hubby's salary. :)


4. What is your favorite food? cheese


5. What is your favorite quote/saying? "We've got both kinds of music - country and western."

6. What is the best piece of advice someone has given you, and did you follow it? If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all - from my mom. I try to follow it.


7. What is the craziest thing you ever did growing up? I guess I wasn't a crazy kid because I can't think of anything crazy enough to list.


8) What is one thing that makes you smile no matter what? My kids


9) Who do you miss more than anything? My brother-in-law who died of cancer at age 42


10) Do you have a favorite hobby? cooking and blogging


11) Why do you blog? I do three blogs - Adventures in Motherhood (www.carriemotherhood.blogspot.com) to vent on parenting issues and share the moments of motherhood, Chicago Foodie Sisters (www.chicagofoodiesisters.blogspot.com) to share my love of everything food and Midwest Family Traveler (to share the fun fun things to do in the Midwest that I enjoy.)



And now for the people I am nominating for the Liebster award!!!


1. One Chic Mom - http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/
2. Building on Joy - http://buildingonjoy.blogspot.com/
3. Homesteadin' in the Burbs - http://homesteadinintheburbs.blogspot.com/
4. World Class Cookin' - Worldclasscooking.blogspot.com
5. My Bizarre Family - http://mybizarrefamily.com/


And here are my questions for you:


1. What's your favorite food?
2. What's your favorite holiday?
3. Your biggest regret in life?
4. How many kids do you have?
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
6. Who is your favorite celebrity?
7. Favorite song of all time?
8. Chocolate or vanilla?
9. Best bit of advice you've gotten?
10. Most recent book you've read?
11. Who's the most famous person you've met?

No comments: