Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm much to young to feel this damn old

I'm much to young to feel this damn old. I hear that line from the Garth Brooks song play through my head quite often. Aches, pains, yawns. "I'm too young for this," I think to myself. Lately, I have been sooo tired. Don't feel like doing anything. I blame it on the allergies. And the busy time of year when I'm on the go more and sleeping a little less. Gee, ten years ago it didn't bother me to go like this. Even five years ago I could keep up. Once I hit 35, it all went downhill. I just started feeling old.

This year it's been even more noticeable. I'm 38. I cannot imagine just starting my family at this age. I know a lot of people do it. Just the thought of getting up every two hours for feeding makes me drowsy. Then again, I've been at this parenting thing a long time. Maybe it's all those years of sleep deprivation catching up. I should be sleeping now, but I was waiting up to make sure my teenager made it home safe and sound. Even when they get big, they still keep you awake.

No comments: