Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nothing like a lazy river

Yesterday I made my way up to my sister's to go to a nearby water park. My other sister (her twin) was coming up with her three kids and two foreign exchange students from her home about 2 1/2 hours away. It's not often we all get together like that, so it was really fun. With me and my five boys, our group numbered 13. The kids went up and down slides, swam in the pools, splashed on the water playground and paddled through the lazy river. Me? I mostly stayed in the lazy river. My sister and I chatted as we went around and around. It's so relaxing to just lay there in the sun, although we both agreed that they need more comfortable tubes - something you can rest your head on.

As we neared closing time, I caught up with my niece, who just turned six. She was so excited that she was learning to swim and couldn't wait to show me. Being in a house with six males, it's nice to hang out with a little girl once in a while.

This was my second water park visit in a week (along with a splash pad visit and a trip to the beach.) Last week when we went to a water park on vacation (the newly opened water park at Beech Bend in Bowling Green, Kentucky), I said to my kids, "If I ever win the lottery, I'm having a lazy river built in my back yard." I mean it. Of course, I'd then need a bigger yard. LOL! I could literally sit all day in the lazy river. It makes the rest of the world just melt away.

We finished the evening back and my sisters with pizza then headed for home. We were on the road five minutes when my 6-year-old asked, "Can we go there again tomorrow?" I was so tempted to say yes. :)

No comments: