Saturday, August 6, 2011

Busy summer = tired mama

Boy has it been a busy week. We returned from a 5-day trip out of state. Got home and I worked a long day the next day followed by something that evening that I can't even remember now. They next day was the Paul McCartney concert with my son and two nephews at Wrigley Field. Then home very late and up early for work the next day, followed by the splash pad with my sister and her kids, then a meeting. Next day was a busy one around the house ending in a family bike ride and some kite-flying, then another long day of work. I was exhausted by Friday and had rescheduled an earlier trip to Six Flags for that day.

I woke up Friday, which was my birthday, at about 9 a.m. It felt so good to sleep in. I decided to reschedule Six Flags AGAIN. My dad treated me to lunch for my birthday and then I figured it would be a good day for the beach - one of the things that I've had on my summer to-do list that hasn't happened yet. It was a lovely, breezy day. Got lots of great pictures that I'm too tired to post now. I'll get to that later in the week after I rest up! :)

I decided that since I'm 39 this year, it will be the last birthday. I'm stopping here. Every year from here on out will be a repeat of 39. It's worked for my mom all these years. As were growing up, we'd ask her age from time to time and she always responded with "39." She turned 39 for the first time in 1974 and has been that age ever since. So, it was no surprise when I opened my birthday card from mom and it read "Happy birthday! You're finally as old as I am!" :)

No comments: