Friday, July 25, 2014

It's just sand

I recently had a work trip scheduled up in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Hubby and the boys decided to drive up with me and have some fun while I was in meetings. They went cherry picking and then to lunch and to a cider mill and for a drive by the lake.

At the end of the day, I requested a stop at the beach since I'd been inside all day while they were having fun. For so many years I avoided beached simply because I didn't want the mess of the sand everywhere. It does get absolutely everywhere - in your clothing and you shoes and your towels and then you car and you find it at home in your bed and your sofa. I'm glad I finally got over that aversion to sand. I'd be missing so much! So, despite the fact that we'd driven my new car there, I sucked it up and decided to deal with the sand and I'm so glad I did. Here's what things looked like at the beach that day in St. Joseph, Michigan.



The boys had fun feeding crackers to the gulls.


Then we spotted an ice cream stand on our way out of town and couldn't pass it up.



And then we stopped one more time on our way out of town at Lookout Park so I could take a couple pictures. What a peaceful place.



No comments: