Monday, June 17, 2013

Marking one item off the summer bucket list

Well, it's now been two full weeks since the kids have been out of school. I haven't really felt like it has started. Things were busy as we planned my father-in-law's memorial visitation, visited with relatives from Germany and planned my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. My poor son who graduated 8th grade has yet to have a party...I can't seem to find a date that works out for us or any of the family and I've been so busy with other things that I've kind of dropped the ball. I have work piled up that I HAVE to get done. I've yet to even complete my summer bucket list, although I have a few things floating in my head that I'd like to do. I still have to sign up the kids for the summer camps. I got our pool passes purchased, but we've only been there once for less than 2 hours. Still, we've had a few fun days so far that have helped get us into the lazy summer mood.

One was yesterday as we celebrated Father's Day. One thing I want to do this summer is spend more time at the beach. I've finally gotten over my phobia of sand. :) Seriously, there's just no way to go to the beach and not end up with sand all over your vehicle and covering every inch of the kids. I've finally been able to let go of it and just enjoy a day at the beach and let the sand fall where it may. One thing I wanted to do this year was watch the sun set while we were at the beach and we accomplished that yesterday.

After a full day that included a drive up to Michigan, pancake breakfast at the firehouse, shopping in downtown Three Oaks, a walk through their community gardens, watching the 61st Annual Flag Day Parade, dinner at Nelson's Saloon, hanging out at the park, walking the downtown area and stopping for ice cream, I told my husband that parking is free after 8 p.m. at the New Buffalo Beach, so we decided we'd visit the beach before heading home. So, here's a look at our visit, from when we arrived to just before we left.


















1 comment:

Unknown said...

We were in the same places yesterday. We saw the float plane from rt 12.